The WSRS Home Counties Regional Meeting is a new event in the WSRS calendar, open to all members and especially those located in London & the Home Counties. Our aim is to give members old and new another opportunity in the year to meet-up with each other and perhaps learn or share something new in the field of wildlife sound recording.
The details of this inaugural event have now been finalised and a full agenda can be found below. We are excited to be able to announce that Ian Rawes of The London Sound Survey will be our guest speaker. We will also be running a sound competition, details for which are also found below.
If you you think you may like to attend this event, please click here and let us know you might be coming. As this is an inaugural event, registering interest gives organisers an idea of attendance numbers in advance. We can then keep you updated with further details, as the event draws closer.
Wildlife Sound Recording Society
London & Home Counties Regional Meeting
College Lake Nature Reserve, Tring, HP23 5QG
Saturday 8th July 2017
|10:00-10:15||Welcome & Introduction|
|10:15-10:45||The History of College Lake Nature Reserve
Leo Keedy, BBOWT Reserve Manager
Ian Rawes, the London Sound Survey
|11:45-12:30||Results of Competition|
An opportunity to explore the nature reserve, do some sound recording or chat with fellow enthusiasts
|14:30-15:30||How to set up a website or blog to share your sound recordings
Mark Wilkinson, The Badger’s Eye
|15:30-15.45||Tea / Coffee break|
|15:45-16:45||Surround sound – what you need to play back your recordings
Wildlife Sound Recording Society
London & Home Counties Regional Meeting 2017
This competition is intended to encourage members to submit recordings, some of which will be shared during the regional members meeting at College Lake. As such the “rules” are relatively straightforward:
There will be three categories:
- Recording of a single species although it need not be of just one individual
- Natural soundscape
- The weird and wonderful – may be unusual noises or animals, or an unusual method of recording
- All recordings must be your own.
- Only recordings made since the beginning of 2016 will be considered
- All recordings must have been made in London or the Home Counties (for the purposes of the competition, defined as anywhere south or east of a line from the Wash to Birmingham to Southampton)
- Recordings should be submitted in one of the following ways……
- By post to Mark Wilkinson, 4 Gore Lane Cottages, Barwick, High Cross, Ware, SG11 1BX
- By file upload to Dropbox. All those registering interest for the meeting will receive access and a link to the competition dropbox. Please click here to register.
- Recordings can be submitted in any digital format e.g. CD, DVD, file upload. Audio files should be in .wav file format.We regret that we are unable to accept recordings made on tape.
- Please ensure that you provide information on date, location and the category you are entering for each recording
- All entries must be received no later than Saturday 1st July 2017
- You may submit a maximum of two recordings in each category
- A small prize will be awarded to the winner in each category
- The judges’ decision is final
Wishing you a successful Spring’s recording.
Bill, Chris, Mark and Denise
For ease of event organisation and administration, we are using web and mailchimp services supplied via The Badger’s Eye.
The data collected (name & email address), will only be used for the administration of this and other future WSRS Home Counties events.